Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cioccolato Caldo [Hot Chocolate]

Autumn is very brief in Durban. The leaves are turning the most beautiful rust & violet colours and that nip is in the air - which leads me to... Cioccolato Caldo.  I'm definitely craving some. Thinking I might experiment with a few different flavours this winter. 


While I sip my cioccolato caldo I will be watching one of my all time favourite movies 'Chocolat'. It has two of my best actors Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche.  I love the scenes where Vianne [Juliette] is making her chocolat creations in her tiny kitchen, in this rural french town set in the middle of nowhere. She also makes a decadent Mayan Hot Chocolate. So stock up on some good quality cioccolato, marshmallows, a dash of chilli and enjoy! For recipes click on link under the image. If you give them a try let me know how they turn out!




Mayan Hot Chocolate




'Chocolat'




Cioccolato Caldo [Italian hot chocolate]



Coconut Hot Chocolate



Ganache Hot Chocolate


No comments: